When you can’t use the Visa premium service centres

You can’t use the Visa premium service if you’re applying under Tier 1 (Investor).

You can’t use the premium or super premium service if you’re:

a business person, innovator, sole representative or investor
a Turkish business person
a self-employed lawyer
applying under Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur)
applying under Tier 1 (Entrepreneur)
applying under Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent)
a seaman
a Gurkha
a retired person of independent means
an elderly dependant
someone whose case is complex because of personal circumstances
someone whose case isn’t covered by the Immigration Rules
sponsored by a member of staff at a premium service centre
applying for a Home Office travel document
applying for naturalisation or registration as a UK national
applying as a victim of domestic violence
applying for an European Economic Area (EEA) residence card or permanent residence card
applying for an EEA registration certificate and you’re not a qualified person
applying for proof of a right of abode
You also can’t use the premium or super premium service if you’re applying for discretionary leave to remain or humanitarian protection unless:

you’re applying under the transitional arrangements to extend your discretionary leave after 3 years
you’re applying to settle in the UK after 6 years discretionary leave
Applying for registration certificates
EEA nationals

If you’re an EEA national you can’t include your family in your application. They must apply separately by post as an EEA family member or an EEA extended family member.

Croatian nationals

If you’re a Croatian national, you can only include your EEA family in your application if they’re your:

spouse or civil partner
child or grandchild aged under 21
Family who aren’t EEA nationals, other relatives and unmarried partners must apply by post as non-EEA family of a Croatian national.

Applying to settle if you’ve spent time in the Channel Islands or Isle of Man
You can’t apply in person if you’re applying for settlement in one of the categories below, and your continuous residence period includes time spent in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.

The categories are:

tiers 1, 2, 4 and 5
work outside the points-based system, eg work permit holder, overseas domestic worker in a private household
UK ancestry
Applying on behalf of other people
You usually can’t apply on behalf of someone else at a premium service centre.

In exceptional circumstances (eg if someone is physically unable to attend for health reasons) you can submit an application on another person’s behalf if you’re their husband, wife, civil partner, sister, brother, parent or legal guardian. You must carry a letter of authorisation signed by the applicant.

Legal representatives can’t use the premium service on behalf of clients unless they’re registered with the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner and have sent the Home Office a written request.